Monday, June 16, 2008

Change Of Eating to Low Gi Foods Brings Stunning Results for Soap Star

This is from an article in the Mirror.co.uk about soap star Tina Hobley and how she attained her post-baby body secrets, and no surprises it was not a diet as such but more of a lifestyle change, change to a low gi eating plan,

"She looked at my diet and it was full of carbs.

Also, I was eating a bacon sandwich for breakfast, and a sandwich for lunch or a hot meal like pasta or shepherds' pie. Then when I got home in the evening I would again eat pasta or meat with potatoes.

"So I started to have lots of eggs for breakfast instead - scrambled, boiled or poached.

"I also had to cut back on red meat, with grilled tuna steak with salad for lunch.

I ate wholemeal bread instead of white and jacket potatoes instead of roasted."

Sticking to this low-GI nutrition plan seems to have ensured Tina didn't pile on excess pregnancy pounds this time.

"We've gone organic, so we're eating healthily. I drink lots of water too," she's said.

But the actress hates faddy diets and worries about how the pressure to be thin affects her daughter Isabella.


Read the full story here and how you can do it too, recipes included


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Jenaveve said...

I'm still learning about low GI foods, but I'm concerned that this article is misrepresenting pasta, red meat and wholemeal bread.

Both pasta and red meat (very lean cuts) are suitable in a low GI diet, however wholemeal bread is not low gi (wholegrain is preferred).