Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Amazing! Lost Another Pound This Week, Low Gi & Eating Out

I'm really amazed, I've lost another pound this past week.

I'm amazed because I've been to friends' places for dinner and have met friends out for lunch a few times this week. Sound like a real social butterfly........not really, it was just one of those weeks when everything happens together.

So because of my social butterflying, I've not been as strict as I should have been with the low gi foods. Mind you I did try to follow what Wesley said in his GI Diet Breakthrough about eating out., its just little things that he made me aware of like, drinking water with the meal instead of a soda, order grilled chicken without the skin, with vegetables, open face sandwiches at lunch time and many more. So it pays to be conscious of what you are about, instead of ordering the wrong foods.

The other thing I did this week is find Fruisana fruit sugar. I did notice a difference in just the way I felt after having it on my cereal and in my tea. I did notice it sweet on my cereal too and have been experimenting with how much I use. With the tea and coffee I didn't notice it quite as sweet, maybe it is the heat that has some affect on it. Nevertheless, I am cutting down on the quantity I use and that is a good thing, also being a low GI food of only 19, this is even better.

Next is to try it in some of my own recipes and turn them into low gi recipes, the family may have to put up with a few mistakes until I get the measurement right. Still they are getting good at that and are very encouraging, love 'em.

Back to work, catch you later.



No comments: