Monday, August 27, 2007

Low GI Foods Meats, Good Ones

Well now, what I've found with low GI and meats is really good for someone like me who loves meat, beef, lamb, pork and chicken.

From
Glycemic Index Listing for Meatlovers and A'fish'ionados
"Meats are a protein food, so as you see in the glycemic index listing they all have very little carbohydrate and therefore a very low GI."

That must by why the Lemon & Parsley Chicken, I added to my low GI recipe blog here, had such low carbs.

And........this is important too "Eating a good variety of protein from meats, eggs, dairy, grains, and legumes is a healthy way to make sure you're getting all the proteins your body needs." from the same source here.

The list for meats and seafood for their low glycemic index can be found here

It is interesting when you start to look at the different foods just how good a variety of foods you can eat to have yourself not so much of a diet but more a sensible eating plan that you can follow so easily.

Be back with more soon. I've found a few yummy snacks that I'm about to try out. If I like them I'll add them to my low GI recipe blog.

Will keep you posted.

No comments: