Saturday, August 25, 2007

More On My Low GI Recipes Hunt.

I've found this low GI recipes site for a low GI diet, they have, with each recipe a break down of the nutritional information so I thought I would check on how many carbs I needed each day and found a site where I could work this out, so...........

My daily intake of carbs should be 235grms

To check on daily carbs, here's where I found the calculator. http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/carbohydrate.asp

My low GI recipes hunt is on. I've been researching and what I've found is, these low GI foods help you to feel not so hungry, which means you (me) won't be looking for those snacky things between meals and they also say that by adding just one low GI food to a meal will lower the glycemic index of the whole meal. Now how easy is that!

There is a pretty good list of GI foods here http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/ and they have separated them into three categories, low, medium and high. They are supposed to have recipes with these categories marked too, will get back to you on that.

Just a quick look through the low GI recipes on the site, some of them sound very tasty and there is even a low GI recipe for chocolate mousse with raspberries, now who wanting to lose weight and be healthy could complain about that. Makes you want to diet......

This internet is a great place for finding stuff

PS I've found an ebook too called The Low GI Diet Breakthrough

PPS and another ebook I could use too called Fit Over 40
This is what is offered before you buy that one

  • My FREE 10-Day Fat-Burning E-Course (Starting Today!)
  • Two “Mystery Gifts” worth over $180!
  • A FREE Chapter Sample from my book, “Fit Over 40”!
  • My FREE Weekly Newsletter, “Success For Life!”

  • Must admit it has been an interesting time so far, will catch you up on more tomorrow.

    No comments: