Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Low GI Recipe That's A Winner

I've been missing for a few days, my computer has been having a few hissy fits, my son is coming tonight to do a small rebuild for me. So should be all okay tomorrow.

I worked all day today and so was looking for something quick and easy for dinner tonight. I find times like these I have to be very strict with myself. It is so easy to go the fast food way.

Well that is virtually what I have done, gone the fast low gi recipe food way. I went looking for something that was fast, that I would have the ingredients for, that can be another excuse for take-away fast food, not having the ingredients. What I found was "Low GI Pasta with Italian Sauce"

As you can see, the ingredients are ones most of us have in our pantry and refrigerator and it took about 20 minutes all up, they said 15 but I must chop up onion slower or something.

Ingredients

(Serves 4)
6oz/160g bacon (smoked or unsmoked)
2 medium sized onions
14oz/400g tin of chopped plum tomatoes
7oz/200g frozen peas
2 table spoons tomato puree
2 cloves of garlic
1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons spoon worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons mixed italian herbs
3 large pinches of salt
pepper
1 table spoon olive oil
9oz/250g dried pasta


Take a look at my low GI recipe blog for all the details here

I'm starting to sort out low GI foods, it makes very good sense too. I'm working on a chart that will make it easier for me to understand, so when I have it done, I'll put up a copy here for you too.

Okay that's it for tonight, my computer is about to be taken apart and hopefully put back together a much better model. Well hopefully the hissy fits will be gone.

Catch you later.

No comments: