Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Stocking Up My Pantry For Low GI Recipes.

There is nothing like finding good stuff especially when you're trying to eat healthy and lose the odd pound or two. I just came across one of my favorite snacks, take a look at my low gi recipe and diet here

Grilled ham and cheese, thought I may have to go without this one but no, it's all good.

I decided to get my pantry in order and found these lists for the things that you need to have on hand, so I'm off shopping and make sure I have the necessary. Chickpeas I can handle but I'm not a big fan of kidney beans, navy beans etc but I will try a few recipes with them before I make up my mind. Maybe I've just not had the right recipes up to now.

There is a good variety with little or no rating on the low glycemic index to give flavor to recipes and let's face it, if you're going to the trouble of making a dish, then even if you are on a diet, you want it to have flavor and be tasty.

You can see the pantry list here

Don't know what I'm cooking for dinner tonight, will let you know tomorrow, maybe try one of the 'bean' dishes. I'll go look for one now before I go shopping, catch you later.

No comments: